The printer is feeding double paper at one time
Make sure you use paper that meets brother printer recommended paper specifications. use the types of print media like as: thin paper, plain paper, thick paper. bond paper, recycled paper, labels, or envelopes. Please make sure you are using paper that is 20-24lb. made for plain-paper copying and is specifically marked for use in a laser printer.
- If the paper being used meets these requirements, continue to
- If the paper being used does not meet these requirements, it should be replaced with paper that meets. because the recommended specifications. To continue troubleshooting, proceed to
- Thick paper, thicker paper, and envelopes may only be fed through the manual feed slot. not the paper cassette.
- Printing on envelopes fed from the paper cassette is not recommended and may cause ghosting and jams. Remember when printing from the manual feed slot. to only put one piece of paper in the manual feed slot at a time.
- If printing on envelopes or thick paper see the solution: “How do I print envelopes, labels, or thick paper from the manual feed slot?”Pull the paper tray completely out of the machine and remove any paper from it. because While pressing the green paper-guide release levers.
slide the paper guides to fit the paper size. Be sure that your guides are firmly in slots.
For legal size paper, press the release button at the bottom of the paper tray and then pull out the back of the paper tray.
If the paper pick-up roller is dirty. The machine may not feed paper. In that case, clean the paper pick-up roller as follows:
- Turn off the machine’s power by pressing and holding the power button. Disconnect all cables, and then unplug the power cord from the AC power outlet.
- You need to put your clothes in warm water. And then in the paper tray, wipe the separate pad to remove any dust.
- Wipe the two paper pick-up rollers inside the machine.
Turn the stack of paper over and put some of the paper back into the tray and make sure of the following
- The paper guides touch the sides of the paper so it will feed properly.
- Put the paper tray firmly back into the machine. Make sure that it is completely inserted into the machine.
- Plug the machine’s power cord back into the AC power outlet first, and then reconnect all cables. Turn on the machine’s power by pressing the power button.
Print the Printer Settings report.
- click settings on the bottom right of the touch screen. Press ALL SETTINGS.
- After this proceed to the DOWN ARROW. Because repeatedly until you see PRINT REPORTS. Press PRINT REPORTS
- Now Go to the DOWN ARROW repeatedly until you see PRINTER SETTINGS. Press PRINTER SETTINGS.
- Press OK to start printing. The machine will print out the Printer Settings report.
If the print comes out okay, discontinue troubleshooting.
If the problem persists please contact us via brother printer support or Ask a Question at the top of the page.